Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
terrace (plural terraces)
- A platform that extends outwards from a building.
- A raised, flat-topped bank of earth with sloping sides, especially one of a series for farming or leisure; a similar natural area of ground, often next to a river.
- A row of residential houses with no gaps between them; a group of row houses.
- (in the plural, chiefly UK) The standing area at a football ground.
- (chiefly India) The roof of a building, especially if accessible to the residents. Often used for drying laundry, sun-drying foodstuffs, exercise, or sleeping outdoors in hot weather.
platform that extends outwards from a building
flat-topped bank of earth with sloping sides
row of residential houses
- To provide something with a terrace.
- To form something into a terrace.
to provide with a terrace