Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
texture (plural textures)
- The feel or shape of a surface or substance; the smoothness, roughness, softness, etc. of something.
- The beans had a grainy, gritty texture in her mouth.
- (art) The quality given to a work of art by the composition and interaction of its parts.
- The piece of music had a mainly smooth texture.
- (computer graphics) An image applied to a polygon to create the appearance of a surface,
Related terms 
feel or shape of a surface or substance
computer graphics: image applied to a polygon
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- texture in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- texture in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
texture f (plural textures)