Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Thriller
- Rhymes: -ɪlə(r)
thriller (plural thrillers)
- Something that thrills.
2012 December 29, Paul Doyle, “Arsenal's Theo Walcott hits hat-trick in thrilling victory over Newcastle”, The Guardian:
- While Arsenal had enjoyed a Boxing Day break thanks to the cancellation of their game against West Ham, Newcastle had come out of the wrong end of a thriller at Old Trafford and Pardew said that strain accounted for his side conceding four goals at the Emirates after Demba Ba had drawn Newcastle level for the third time in the 69th minute.
- (chiefly) A suspenseful, sensational genre of story, book, play or film.
- (A suspenseful, sensational genre of fiction): pulp novel
- (A suspenseful, sensational genre of fiction): detective story, mystery novel, whodunit, crime fiction
a suspenseful, sensational genre of fiction
thriller m (invariable)
- thriller (film, book etc)