Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Etymology 1 
throttle (plural throttles)
- A valve that regulates the supply of fuel-air mixture to an internal combustion engine and thus controls its speed; a similar valve that controls the air supply to an engine.
- The lever or pedal that controls this valve.
the lever or pedal that controls this valve
Etymology 2 
- (transitive) To cut back on the speed of (an engine, person, organization, network connection, etc.).
- (transitive) To strangle or choke someone.
- (intransitive) To have the throat obstructed so as to be in danger of suffocation; to choke; to suffocate.
- (intransitive) To breathe hard, as when nearly suffocated.
to cut back speed
to strangle someone
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.