Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Christianity) To subject to the often ritual shaving of the crown of the head as a sign of humility and one's religious vocation. Some tonsures were more dramatic than others, leaving only a fringe of hair. Abolished by Vatican II in the Roman Catholic Church.
tonsure (plural tonsures)
- The bald patch resulting from being tonsured.
bald patch resulting from being tonsured
tonsure f (plural tonsures)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “tonsure” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- plural form of