Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
translingual (not comparable)
- Existing in multiple languages.
- The nose's comic potency is enhanced by the Indo-European rootedness of its own name, securing it a pivotal role in translingual games. - English Comedy - Cordner, Holland & Kerrigan (eds) - 1994
- Having the same meaning in many languages.
- No is the translingual symbol for the chemistry element nobelium.
- (of a phrase) containing words of multiple languages
- Darien can make translingual jokes - Georges Darien: Robbery and Private Enterprise - W. Redfern - 1985
- (translation studies) Operating between different languages
- This receiver, as translator, then performs a kind of "translingual transfer" to encode in a second language a new message that is intended to "mean the same" . . - Translated: Papers on Literary Translation and Translation Studies - James S. Holmes - 1986
- (medicine) Occurring or being measured across the tongue
- Simultaneous recordings of the translingual potential and integrated neural response of the rat. - Chem. Senses - Hech, Welter & DeSimone - 1985