Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
trimming (plural trimmings)
- The act of someone who trims.
- I gave a good trimming to my elderly neighbour's hedges.
- Material that is removed by someone trimming something, as a piece of steak.
- He gave the trimmings to the dog under the kitchen table.
- An accompaniment to a meal.
- Christmas dinner with all the trimmings
- (colloquial, dated) A reprimand or chastisting.
- to give a boy a trimming
- Present participle of trim.
- I am helping my elderly neighbour by trimming his hedge.