Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To shorten something as if by cutting off part of it.
- (mathematics) To shorten a decimal number by removing trailing (or leading) digits; to chop.
- (geometry) To replace a corner by a plane (or to make a similar change to a crystal).
- (mathematics): round down
shorten something as if by cutting off part of it
shorten a decimal number by removing trailing (or leading) digits; to chop
replace a corner by a plane
truncate (not comparable)
botany, anatomy: having an abrupt termination
- truncate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- truncate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- vocative masculine singular of truncātus