Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: see turn, to.
- (said of objects) To become, to degenerate into.
2013 June 8, “Obama goes troll-hunting”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8839, page 55:
- The solitary, lumbering trolls of Scandinavian mythology would sometimes be turned to stone by exposure to sunlight. Barack Obama is hoping that several measures announced on June 4th will have a similarly paralysing effect on their modern incarnation, the patent troll.
- all things turn to dust; iron turns to rust in the presence of air and water
- To consult for advice.
- When I'm in trouble, I turn to my pastor to help me.