Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tye (plural tyes)
- a knot; a tie
- (Sussex) a patch of common land, often a village green.
- (nautical) A chain or rope, one end of which passes through the mast, and is made fast to the center of a yard; the other end is attached to a tackle, by means of which the yard is hoisted or lowered.
- (mining) A trough for washing ores.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Knight to this entry?)
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiry concerning Human Understanding. Section 3. § 6.
- the events or actions, which the writer relates, must be connected together, by some bond or tye
- Plural form of tyd