tyne (plural tynes)
- Alternative form of tine (prong or point of an antler)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- To lose.
- Hoo muckle o weicht hae ye tint? = How much weight have you lost?
- 1850, Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
- Yes, bonny wee thing, I'll wear you in my bosom, lest my jewel I should tyne.
- To cause somebody to lose a legal case.