Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
upgrade (plural upgrades)
- an improved component or replacement item, usually applied to technology
- With my phone company, I get a free upgrade every twelve months if I keep topping up 10 pounds a month.
an improved component or replacement item
- to improve, usually applied to technology, generally by complete replacement of one or more components
- to replace an existing object with something better
- I had to upgrade my anti-virus software to protect my computer from the newer threats.
- (computing) to replace a program with a later version of itself, a version having a higher version number or marketed under a more recent product name
to replace a program with a later version of itself
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- IPA: /ˈʏp.grɛi̯t/