Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (verb) enPR: ŭplĭftʹ, IPA: /ʌpˈlɪft/, X-SAMPA: /Vp"lIft/
- (adjective, noun) enPR: ŭpʹlĭft, IPA: /ˈʌplɪft/, X-SAMPA: /"VplIft/
|Audio (Northern California, US)||(file)|
- To raise something or someone to a higher physical, social, moral, intellectual, spiritual or emotional level.
to raise something or someone to a higher level
uplift (plural uplifts)
- The act or result of being uplifted.
- (geology) A tectonic upheaval, especially one that takes place in the process of mountain building.
- (colloquial) A brassiere that raises the breasts.
act of being uplifted