Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from upside-down)
- up so down (14th-16th centuries)
Audio (US) (file)
- Inverted, so that the top is now at the bottom
- The Union flag was flying upside down, a sign of danger.
- In great disorder
- The thief had turned the room upside down.
in great disorder
- Inverted; turned so that the top is at the bottom.
- Would you like some of my upside down cake?
- (finance) Owing more money for something than it is worth; having negative equity.
- He's upside down on his mortgage.
- (having negative equity): underwater
having negative equity