Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
uxoricide (plural uxoricides)
- One who murders his or her wife.
- The murdering of one's own wife.
2014, Albert Lee Strickland, “Familicide”, in Michael John Brennan editor, The A–Z of Death and Dying: Social, Medical, and Cultural Aspects, Santa Barbara, Calif.: Greenwood Publishing Group, ISBN 978-1-4408-0344-4, page 205–206:
- Terms related to familicide include filicide (the killing of one's child or children), uxoricide (the killing of one's wife), fratricide or sororicide (the killing of one's brother or sister), avunculicide (the killing of one's uncle), and nepoticide (the killing of one's nephew).
- mariticide (“murder of one's husband”)
- familicide (“murder of one's family”)
- fratricide (“murder of one's brother”)
- infanticide (“murder of one's child”)
- parricide (“murder of one's relative”)
- patricide (“murder of one's father”)
- matricide (“murder of one's mother”)
- sororicide (“murder of one's sister”)
- suicide (“the act of killing oneself”)
- uxorious (“devoted to one's wife”)
a man who kills his wife
the killing of one's wife
- Feminine plural form of uxoricida