Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
varietal (not comparable)
- (biology) Pertaining to a distinct variety of organism.
- Made from a single specific variety (especially of grapes in wine).
varietal (plural varietals)
- A wine made primarily from or exclusively from a single variety of grape, which carries the name of that grape.
- The varietal Merlot has rich red color and a robust fruity taste. Cabernet Sauvignon is a varietal that descended from Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc.
- By extension, a coffee made primarily from or exclusively from a single variety of coffee bean.