Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also végétal
- pertaining to vegetables or other plants (as opposed to animal)
- All creatures vegetal, sensible, and rational.
- (wine) having a grassy, herbaceous taste
pertaining to vegetables or other plants
vegetal (plural vegetals)
- (obsolete) Any vegetable organism.
- This melancholy extends itself not to men only, but even to vegetals and sensibles.
vegetal m (plural vegetais)
- vegetable (edible material derived from a plant)
- (figuratively) vegetable (person whose body or brain has been damaged so that they cannot interact with the surrounding environment)
- Relative to plants and vegetables
- Célula vegetal.
vegetal m and f (plural vegetales)
vegetal m (plural vegetales)
- verdura f