Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
vestry (plural vestries)
- A room in a church where the clergy put on their vestments and where these are stored; also used for meetings and classes; a sacristy.
- The choirboys change into their cassocks in the vestry.
- A committee of parishioners elected to administer the temporal affairs of a parish.
- The vestry meets on the first Tuesday of every month.
- An assembly of persons who manage parochial affairs; so called because usually held in a vestry.
room in a church
committee of parishioners