Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Being or resembling a virgin.
being or resembling virgin
virginal (plural virginals)
- (music) A musical instrument in the harpsichord family.
1932, Maurice Baring, chapter 16, Friday's Business:
- His uncle, a Cardinal, engages a Spanish youth of Moorish descent called Diego, an expert singer and player on the virginal, to unlock the secrets of the heart, and to cleanse his bosom of the perilous stuff, and cure him by the spell of his music.
- The singular form may be either virginal or virginals.
virginal m (plural virginaux)
- "virginal" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
virginal m, f (plural virginales)