Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
vocabulary (plural vocabularies)
- A usually alphabetized and explained collection of words e.g. of a particular field, or prepared for a specific purpose, often for learning.
- The collection of words a person knows and uses.
- My Russian vocabulary is very limited.
- The stock of words used in a particular field.
- The vocabulary of social sciences is often incomprehensible to ordinary people.
- The words of a language collectively.
- The vocabulary of any language is influenced by contacts with other cultures.
- A range of artistic or stylistic forms or techniques
list of words
set of words a person knows
stock of words used in a particular field
words of a language collectively
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.