Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: washout
- To remove something by washing.
- That stain will easily wash out.
- (idiomatic) To wear away by the flow of water; to erode.
- The sandcastle was washed out by the tide.
- (idiomatic) To cancel due to bad weather.
- The continuous rain washed out the cricket match.
- (idiomatic) To lose traction while going around a turn, especially in cycling, motorsports and skiing/snowboarding.
- The rider washed out around that last turn and hit a tree.