Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Frail, sickly or of a delicate constitution; weak.
- 1885, I lay in weakly case and confined to my bed for four months before I was able to rise and health returned to me. — Sir Richard Burton, The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night, Night 18
- 1889, I'd always been but weakly, / And my baby was just born; / A neighbour minded her by day, / I minded her till morn. — WB Yeats, ‘The Ballad of Moll Magee’
- 1922, Virginia Woolf, Jacob's Room Chapter 1
- "Oh, a huge crab," Jacob murmured—and begins his journey on weakly legs on the sandy bottom.