Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
wheelhouse (plural wheelhouses)
- (nautical) An enclosed compartment, on the deck of a vessel such as a fishing boat, from which it may be navigated; on a larger vessel it is the bridge or pilothouse
- (nautical) The enclosed structure around side paddlewheels on a steamboat.
- The best part of a batter's swing
- The pitch was right in his wheelhouse, and he hit a salami.
- (general slang) A person's expertise
- (structure around paddlewheel): paddle box