Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Tending to destroy, devastate, overwhelm or cause complete destruction.
- The D-Day troops came under withering fire.
- Diminishing rapidly.
- The playboy seemed oblivious to his withering fortune as he continued in his decadent lifestyle.
- Tending to make someone feel small; scornful in a mortifying way.
- Jane's mother in law gave her a withering look.
- He made withering remarks about his adversary.
tending to destroy, devastate, overwhelm or cause complete destruction
- Present participle of wither.