Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Suffering from a wound, especially one acquired in battle.
- (figuratively) Suffering from an emotional injury.
- My wounded pride never recovered from her rejection.
suffering from a wound
suffering from an emotional injury
wounded (plural only)
- (usually, with "the") People who are maimed or have wounds.
- The wounded lay on stretchers waiting for surgery.
people who have suffered wounds