Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
wrapper (plural wrappers)
- Something that is wrapped around something else as a cover or protection: a wrapping.
- A negligée or loose dressing gown.
- One who, or that which, wraps.
- He proved to be a remarkably efficient wrapper of parcels.
- (computing) A construct, such as a class or module, that serves to mediate access to another.
- We need a Perl wrapper for this C++ library.
- In the computing sense, wrapper is often used attributively: one can speak of a “wrapper class”, a “wrapper object”, a “wrapper function”, and so on. More broadly, one can speak of the “wrapper pattern”, which is a general term for the creation and use of such wrappers.
something that is wrapped around something else as a cover or protection
a negligée or loose dressing gown
a person who wraps parcels etc
(computing) A construct that serves to mediate access to another object.