Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (nonstandard, possessive) Belonging to xe, their (singular). Gender-neutral third-person singular possessive adjective, coordinate with his and her.
1993 September 14, Sinclair, Jim, “Re: Jim and Steve's snoring discussion”, bit.listserv.autism, Usenet:
- Telepathy would require that you share the other person's knowledge of xyr own mind, which in turn requires recognizing that xe is actually aware of what xe's thinking, which is incompatible with psychiatry.
- This is xyr book.
- (nonstandard, personal, chiefly Internet) The form of xe used after a preposition or as the object of a verb; that woman, that ship, etc; similar usage to him/her.
1996 September 12, Russo, Thomas, “Re: Intelligent Women are an endangered Species”, soc.singles, Usenet:
- As far as I'm concerned the constitution should be re-written so that anyone capable of being elected is ushered into a hidden room upon inauguration, where a secret panel of the Illuminati (preferably one chaired by me) beat xyr to death with blunt instruments and replace xyr by a Stepford Politician.
- Give it to xyr (after preposition)
- I wrote xyr an e-mail (indirect object)
- I haven't met xyr (direct object)