Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /jɔːˈself/
- (US) IPA(key): /jɚˈsɛlf/, /jʊɹˈsɛlf/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛlf
yourself (referring to the person being spoken to, previously mentioned, the reflexive case of you)
- (reflexive) Your own self.
- Be careful with that fire or you'll burn yourself.
- You; used emphatically, especially to indicate exclusiveness of the referent's participation in the predicate, i.e., that no one else is involved.
- You yourself know that what you wrote was wrong.
(reflexive) your own self
you, used emphatically, especially to emphasize the exclusiveness of the referent's participation in the predicate
English personal pronouns
|Number||Person||Gender||Subject||Objective||Reflexive||Possessive adjective||Possessive pronoun|
yourself (plural yourselves)
your usual, normal, or true self
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked