Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /jɔːˈself/
- (US) IPA(key): /jɚˈsɛlf/, /jʊɹˈsɛlf/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛlf
yourself (referring to the person being spoken to, previously mentioned, the reflexive case of you)
- (reflexive) Your own self.
- Be careful with that fire or you'll burn yourself.
- You; used emphatically, especially to indicate exclusiveness of the referent's participation in the predicate, i.e., that no one else is involved.
- You yourself know that what you wrote was wrong.
(reflexive) your own self
you, used emphatically
English personal pronouns
|Number||Person||Gender||Subject||Objective||Reflexive||Possessive adjective||Possessive pronoun|
yourself (plural yourselves)
your usual, normal, or true self
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked