Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) to grasp, to seize, to grip, to embrace (to wrap one's arms around someone or something)
Tamás felült és átfogta a térdét. ― Thomas sat up and embraced his knees.
- (transitive) to tightly enclose something (with something -val/-vel)
- (transitive) to survey an area by looking at it, to capture (with eyes, a lens, etc.)
- (transitive) to span (to cover or extend over an area or time period)
- (transitive) to comprehend an abstract subject in its entirety
conjugation of átfog