Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (5th BC Attic): IPA: /ha͜ɪ́dɛ͜ɛs/
- (1st BC Egyptian): IPA: /hɛ́ːdeːs/
- (4th AD Koine): IPA: /éðis/
- (10th AD Byzantine): IPA: /éðis/
- (15th AD Constantinopolitan): IPA: /éðis/
- (Greek mythology) Hades, the Greek god of the dead
- (Greek mythology) Hades, the underworld in Greek mythology
The personal name rarely takes a definite article.
- p. 1,011 in S. C. Woodhouse’s English-Greek Dictionary: A Vocabulary of the Attic Language. Routledge & Kegan Paul Limited. 1950.