Ω (U+03A9) or Ω (U+2126) Apple: ALT + (lowercase) z
- The symbol for ohm, the unit of electrical resistance in the International System of Units.
Symbol for ohm
The Unicode Standard states that the U+2126 Ω ohm sign is included in Unicode only for backward compatibility reasons. To represent ohms, the U+03A9 Ω greek capital letter omega is preferred.
Ω • (O) (uppercase, lowercase ω)
- The upper case letter omega (ωμέγα), the 24th and last letter of the modern Greek alphabet.
- The upper case letter omega (Ω) is used as the mathematical notation or symbol for the last place in a set or group of items.
Ω • (O)
- The number 800 in Greek numerals.
- The number 800,000 in Greek numerals.
- see: Appendix:Greek alphabet