啱 (radical 30, 口+8, 11 strokes, cangjie input 口山一口 (RUMR), composition ⿰口岩)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 196, character 26
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 1, page 641, character 8
- Unihan data for U+5571
Probably a Tai-Kadai substrate word (Li, 1990). Compare Zhuang ngamq (“just; exactly; only”), Vietnamese ngám (“just right”).
Alternatively, some postulate that this is derived from 恰 (hap1, “just; coincidentally; suitable”) or 諳 (am1, “to know; familiar with”).
- correct, right
- to fit; to be appropriate; to be suitable
/ 啱细路仔饮 [Cantonese]
― ngaam1 sai3 lou6 zai2 jam2 [Jyutping]
― suitable for consumption by children
- just now; a moment ago
― ngaam1 ngaam1 [Jyutping]
― just now; just
- by chance; coincidentally
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text