啱 (radical 30 口+8, 11 strokes, cangjie input 口山一口 (RUMR), composition ⿰口岩)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 196, character 26
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 1, page 641, character 8
- Unihan data for U+5571
Possibly from Zhuang ngamq (“just, only”). Alternatively, some postulate that this is derived from 諳 (am1, “to know; familiar with”).
Note: The zero initial /∅-/ is commonly pronounced with a ng-initial /ŋ-/ in some varieties of Cantonese, including Hong Kong Cantonese.
- correct, right
- to fit; to be appropriate, suitable
- just now, a moment ago
― ngaam1 ngaam1 [Jyutping]
― just now; just
- by chance, coincidentally
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text