Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: 奥
- KangXi: page 253, character 19
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 5985
- Dae Jaweon: page 515, character 14
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): not present, would follow volume 1, page 547, character 3
- Unihan data for U+5967
Represents south-western part of old Chinese building, where large pot and kitchen is often located.
Later extended to represent backwater
- difficult to understand
- † southwest corner of a room
- 奧窔之間，簟席之上，斂然聖王之文章具焉，佛然平世之俗起焉。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: Xunzi, circa 3rd century BCE
- Ào yào zhī jiān, diàn xí zhī shàng, liǎn rán shèng wáng zhī wén zhāng jù yān, fó rán píng shì zhī sú qǐ yān. [Pinyin]
- ...then by merely facing toward the south wall of his room and sitting upon his mat, the full array of forms and outward signs of the sage king would gather about him, and because of him the customs of a tranquil age would develop abundantly. (translation by John Knoblock)
奥窔之间，簟席之上，敛然圣王之文章具焉，佛然平世之俗起焉。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- Short for 奧林匹克／奥林匹克 (Àolínpǐkè, “Olympics”).
- Short for 奧地利／奥地利 (Àodìlì, “Austria”).
- 中奧合作符合兩國和兩國人民共同利益。 [MSC, trad.]
- From: 2018, Joint Statement on the Establishment of Friendly Strategic Partnership between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Austria
- Zhōng Ào hézuò fúhé liǎng guó hé liǎng guó rénmín gòngtóng lìyì. [Pinyin]
- The Sino-Austrian cooperation is in the interest of the both countries and their people.
中奥合作符合两国和两国人民共同利益。 [MSC, simp.]
Derived terms from 奧
- † turbid
- (literary Chinese) Alternative form of
- 국제퇴계학회 대구경북지부 (國際退溪學會 大邱慶北支部) (2007). Digital Hanja Dictionary, 전자사전／電子字典. 
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text