Simplified from 獎 (將 → 将 and 犬 → 大) in Japanese shinjitai.
Phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 大 + phonetic 将 () in current form.
奨 (radical 37, 大+10, 13 strokes, cangjie input 中戈大 (LIK), composition ⿱将大)
- prize, reward
- give award to
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 253, character 21
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 5990
- Dae Jaweon: page 515, character 18
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 547, character 4
- Unihan data for U+5968
(common “Jōyō” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 獎)
奨 • (jang) (hangeul 장, revised jang, McCune–Reischauer chang)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text