good fortune; happiness; luck
good fortune; happiness; luck; Fujian province (abbrev); surname
|simp. and trad.
- (of one's life, circumstances, etc.) blessed and satisfactory; consummate; joyful; (of a person) living a blessed and contented life
- 祝你幸福。 ― Zhù nǐ xìngfú. ― Wish you happiness.
- 幸福的家庭 ― xìngfú de jiātíng ― happy family
- 幸福的童年 ― xìngfú de tóngnián ― happy childhood
- 幸福的婚姻 ― xìngfú de hūnyīn ― happy marriage
The meaning of this word is difficult to render accurately in English. It is typically glossed as “happy; happiness” in dictionaries, however, a sharp distinction between 幸福 and some of the other words for “happy” is made in Chinese.
Xingfu typically refers to a state of long-term happiness with one's life, and implies having a loving family, spouse, or a sense of general well-being. This is in contrast to words such as 開心／开心 (kāixīn) and 快樂／快乐 (kuàilè), which refer to a state of fleeting happiness, or a relatively short elevation in mood that comes with certain news, event, activity, etc.
- sense of contentment stemming from having a blessed and fulfilled life; blissful life or living circumstances; happiness
- 曬幸福／晒幸福 ― shài xìngfú ― to show off one's moments of happiness (on social media)
- 婚姻幸福 ― hūnyīn xìngfú ― to have a happy marriage
- 追求幸福 ― zhuīqiú xìngfú ― to pursue happiness
- 創造幸福／创造幸福 ― chuàngzào xìngfú ― to create happiness in life
- 一點一滴的幸福／一点一滴的幸福 ― yīdiǎnyīdī de xìngfú ― every little bits of happiness in life
- (literary, or in compounds) 福 (fú)
- 性福 (xìngfú)
- → Bouyei: xinqfuf
|Kanji in this term|
- 幸せ (shiawase)
- 幸せ (shiawase)
- 幸福感 (kōfukukan): feeling of happiness
|Hanja in this term|
|chữ Hán in this term|