- Cantonese (Jyutping): jau3 zi6 jyun4-2
- Min Nan (POJ): iù-tī-hn̂g / iù-tī-hûiⁿ / iù-tī-oân
- Wu (Wiktionary): 'ieu zu hhyoe (T2)
- (Northern Sixian, incl. Miaoli)
- (Southern Sixian, incl. Meinong)
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou, mainstream Taiwanese, Xiamen)
- (Hokkien: Zhangzhou)
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou, Xiamen, Philippines)
|Kanji in this term|
Compound of 幼稚 (yōchi, “infantile”) + 園 (en, “garden”). The term is apparently a calque of German Kindergarten (“children's garden”), as Japanese yōchien were started in 1876 based on the German model initiated by Friedrich Fröbel in 1837 and on the term Kindergarten that he coined in 1840.
- 2002, Ineko Kondō; Fumi Takano; Mary E Althaus; et. al., Shogakukan Progressive Japanese-English Dictionary, Third Edition, Tokyo: Shōgakukan, →ISBN.
|Hanja in this term|