Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: S||Grade: 5||Grade: S|
- (Shintō): The Japanese god of fishermen, commerce and merchants, and workingmen, as well as the guardian of the health and well-being of small children, (a role he shared with Jizō). One of the seven gods of luck. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops. Ebisu is often depicted carrying a sea bream.
- 福禄寿 (Fukurokuju): the god of happiness, wealth and longevity.
- 毘沙門 / 毘沙門天 (Bishamon / Bishamonten): the god of warriors.
- 大黒 / 大黒天 (Daikoku / Daikokuten): the god of wealth, commerce and trade. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- 寿老人 (Jurōjin): the god of longevity.
- 布袋 (Hotei): the fat and happy god of abundance and good health.
- 弁才天 (べんざいてん, Benzaiten): The Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati. The is the goddess of knowledge, art, beauty, music, language, wisdom, poetry and rivers.
- 地蔵 (じぞう, Jizō)