Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Kangxi Dictionary: page 607, character 18
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 17160
- Dae Jaweon: page 1001, character 5
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 3, page 1560, character 6
- Unihan data for U+6C70
|simp. and trad.
- to rinse; to wash away
- to discard; to eliminate through competition or selection
- 伯石之汰也，一為禮於晉，猶荷其祿。 [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- From: Commentary of Zuo, c. 4th century BCE, translation from Zuozhuan: Commentary on the "Spring and Autumn Annals" (2017), by Stephen Durrant, Wai-yee Li and David Schaberg
- Bóshí zhī tài yě, yī wéilǐ yú jìn, yóu hè qí lù. [Pinyin]
- As overreaching as he had been, Gongsun Duan [Boshi] nevertheless managed with one good performance of ritual in Jin to come away laden with rewards.
伯石之汰也，一为礼于晋，犹荷其禄。 [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- extravagant, excessive
- 皆所以示諸侯汰也，諸侯所由棄命也。今君以汰，無乃不濟乎？ [Classical Chinese, trad.]
- Jiē suǒyǐ shì zhūhóu tài yě, zhūhóu suǒyóu qì mìng yě. Jīn jūn yǐ tài, wú nǎi bùjì hū? [Pinyin]
- In each case the ceremonies became occasions on which they displayed their excesses to the princes and were the reason the princes ignored their commands. Now that you are acting excessively, is it not the case that you will fail to prevail?
皆所以示诸侯汰也，诸侯所由弃命也。今君以汰，无乃不济乎？ [Classical Chinese, simp.]
- “汰”, in 漢語多功能字庫 (Multi-function Chinese Character Database), 香港中文大學 (the Chinese University of Hong Kong), 2014–
- Dictionary of Chinese Character Variants (教育部異體字字典), A02147
|For pronunciation and definitions of 汰 – see 汏 (“to rinse; to wash; great wave; etc.”).|
(This character, 汰, is a variant form of 汏.)
- Go-on: たい (tai)
- Kan-on: たい (tai)
- Kan’yō-on: た (ta, Jōyō)
- Kun: おごる (ogoru, 汰る); にごる (nigoru, 汰ごる); よなげる (yonageru, 汰げる); ゆる (yuru, 汰る)
- 沙汰 (sata)
- chữ Hán form of thái (“to wash; to clean”).
- chữ Hán form of thải (“to discard; to eliminate”).
- Nôm form of thảy (“without exception; to the last”).
- Nôm form of thãi (“used in thừa thãi (“excessive; redundant”)”).