Jump to navigation Jump to search
|For pronunciation and definitions of 漫画 – see 漫畫 (“comics; caricature; cartoon; manga; manhua”).|
(This term, 漫画, is the simplified form of 漫畫.)
|Kanji in this term|
/mangwa/ > /manga/.
- a picture drawn as one pleases without restraint (ex. Hokusai Manga)
- a pictorial representation which exaggerates features for comic or satirical effect; a caricature
- a story told with pictures and dialog; a comic, manga
- This is an example of a word that can be spelled with katakana to convey an informal conversational tone, as マンガ.
- → Danish: manga (“Japanese comics”)
- → English: manga (“Japanese comics”)
- → French: manga (“Japanese comics”)
- → Korean: 만화 (manhwa, “comics”)
- → English: manhwa (“Korean comics”)
- → Mandarin: 漫畫 (mànhuà, “comics”)
- → English: manhua (“Chinese comics”)
- → Portuguese: mangá (“Japanese comics”)
- → Russian: ма́нга (mánga, “Japanese comics”)
- 2002, Ineko Kondō; Fumi Takano; Mary E Althaus; et. al., Shogakukan Progressive Japanese-English Dictionary, Third Edition, Tokyo: Shōgakukan, →ISBN.