|For pronunciation and definitions of 漫画 – see 漫畫.
(This term, 漫画, is the simplified form of 漫畫.)
|Kanji in this term|
/mangwa/ > /manga/.
- a picture drawn as one pleases without restraint (ex. Hokusai Manga)
- a pictorial representation which exaggerates features for comic or satirical effect; a caricature
- a story told with pictures and dialog; a comic, manga
- This is an example of a word that can be spelled with katakana to convey an informal conversational tone, as マンガ.
- → Danish: manga
- English: manga (Japanese comics)
- French: manga (Japanese comics)
- Korean: 만화 (manhwa) (comics)
- Mandarin: 漫畫 / 漫画 (mànhuà) (comics)
- Portuguese: mangá (Japanese comics)
- Russian: ма́нга (mánga) (Japanese comics)