Simplified from 禮 (豊 → 乚).
In Japanese kyūjitai 禮, the unsimplified form of the radical is used, hence overall simplification is Simplified from 禮 (示 → 礻 and 豊 → 乚).
Compare more radical simplifications in Japanese kana れ and レ.
In current form, Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *riːʔ): semantic 礻 (“altar”) + phonetic 乚 – performing rites at an altar.
礼 (radical 113 示+1, 6 strokes, cangjie input 戈火山 (IFU), four-corner 32210, composition ⿰礻乚)
- KangXi: page 839, character 22
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 24626
- Dae Jaweon: page 1256, character 28
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2385, character 2
- Unihan data for U+793C
|For pronunciation and definitions of 礼 – see 禮.
(This character, 礼, is the simplified form of 禮.)
(grade 3 “Kyōiku” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 禮)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
wiya → iya.
礼 (shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai kanji 禮, hiragana いや, rōmaji iya, historical hiragana ゐや)
- the act of respecting one; reverence
礼 (shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai kanji 禮, hiragana れい, rōmaji rei)
- a bow, the gesture of bending at the waist
- an expression of thanks or gratitude