粤 (radical 119, 米+6, 12 strokes, cangjie input 竹田一女尸 (HWMVS) or X竹田一女 (XHWMV), composition ⿱⿴丿囗米丂)
- KangXi: page 908, character 33
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 26935
- Dae Jaweon: page 1334, character 25
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 5, page 3147, character 8
- Unihan data for U+7CA4
|For pronunciation and definitions of 粤 – see 粵 (“Yue people; Baiyue people; Guangdong; etc.”).|
(This character, 粤, is the simplified form of 粵.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
From Middle Chinese 粵 (MC ɦʉɐt̚).
The kan'on pronunciation, so likely a later borrowing.
粤 • (Etsu) (historical hiragana ゑつ)
- alternate name for 広東 (Kanton, “Guangdong”)
- (historical) alternate spelling for 越: the Yue people to the south of ancient China