Variant of 觀. Simplified from 觀 (艹 → 𠂉 and 吅 → 一). Compare 権.
The modern Japanese usage is of reform (shinjitai) nature.
観 (radical 147 見+11, 18 strokes, cangjie input 人土月山山 (OGBUU), composition ⿰⿱𠂉⿻一隹見)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 1137, character 9
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 34955
- Dae Jaweon: page 1604, character 14
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 3674, character 8
- Unihan data for U+89B3
(grade 4 “Kyōiku” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 觀)
- see, observe, view
From Middle Chinese 觀 (kwan, “look”)
観 (hiragana かん, rōmaji -kan)
- look, appearance
- (Buddhism) observation meditation