Japanese Simplified from 鬪 (鬥 → 門), itself a simplified variant of 鬭, ultimately Phono-semantic compound (形聲), with semantic 鬥 (“fight”) (unrelated to 門).
Phonetic is originally 斲 but this is graphically simplified to 豆 + 寸; compare 尌, which is similar.
闘 (radical 169 門+10, 18 strokes, cangjie input 日弓一廿戈 (ANMTI), composition ⿵門⿰豆寸)
- struggle, fight, compete, contend
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 1341, character 3
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 45649
- Dae Jaweon: page 1845, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 7, page 4312, character 6
- Unihan data for U+95D8
|For pronunciation and definitions of 闘 – see 鬥 (“to fight”).
(This character, 闘, is a variant form of 鬥.)
(common “Jōyō” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 鬪)