Ideogrammic compound (會意): 食 (“food, rice”) + 人 (“person”) – a person eating rice, feeding.
Also Phono-semantic compound (形聲), with 食 acting as phonetic.
飤 (radical 184 食+2, 11 strokes, cangjie input 人戈人 (OIO))
- to feed
- KangXi: page 1416, character 10
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 44025
- Dae Jaweon: page 1940, character 12
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 7, page 4441, character 4
- Unihan data for U+98E4
飤 (Pinyin sì (si4), Wade-Giles ssu4)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text