Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|simp. and trad.
娶 “to marry”
- Min Nan
𤆬 (Min Nan)
- to lead; to guide
- 耶和華行佇𪜶的頭前，日時佇雲柱中𤆬𪜶的路，暝時佇火柱中光照𪜶；予𪜶日暝攏通行。 [Min Nan, trad.]
- 耶和华行伫𪜶的头前，日时伫云柱中𤆬𪜶的路，暝时伫火柱中光照𪜶；予𪜶日暝拢通行。 [Min Nan, simp.]
- From: 巴克禮譯本 (Barclay Amoy Romanized Bible), 出埃及記 (Exodus) 13:21
- Iâ-hô-hoa kiâⁿ tī in ê thâu-chêng, ji̍t--sî tī hûn-thiāu-tiong chhōa in ê lō͘, mî--sî tī hé-thiāu-tiong kng-chiò in; hō͘ in ji̍t-mî lóng thang kiâⁿ. [Pe̍h-ōe-jī]
- And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night.
- (of a man) to marry; to take a wife
- to take care of; to bring up; to nurture
- to kidnap
- In Mandarin, this word is only used in names, such as 𤆬治 (chhōa-tī in Min Nan, homophone of 𤆬弟, "to lead to a brother"), given to girls to lead to the birth of a son.