Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ca"
- 1 Latin
- 2 Polish
- 3 Serbo-Croatian
- 4 Turkish
Declined forms of -cus (adjectival suffix).
- nominative feminine singular of
- nominative neuter plural of
- accusative neuter plural of
- vocative feminine singular of
- vocative neuter plural of
Declined forms of -cum (nominal suffix).
-ca m pers
- Forms agent nouns
declension of -ca
-ca (Cyrillic spelling -ца)
- Suffix appended to words to create a feminine noun, usually a diminutive form expressing endearment.
- like, -like, -ly; -ish; as if, as though; in the way of
- Used to form adverbs from nouns and adjectives.
- -ish: Used to form languages from a demonym/nationality.
- -ian, -ese: Used to form languages the name of a country or region.
- It's used when the nationality word's last vowel is one of "a", "ı", "o" or "u" and the last consonant is one of "b", "c", "d", "g", "ğ", "j", "l", "m", "n", "r", "v", "y" or "z"
- It can become -ce, -ça, -çe according to the last vowel and the last consonant of the word.