Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: -íssimo
- Added to an adverb, this suffix is an intensifier which adds a qualifier of "extremely" or "remarkably."
- ^ Interlingua Course for Beginners by Thomas Breinstrup
- Added to adjectives to form absolute superlatives.
- buonissimo - as good as possible, extremely good
- Added to the stem of verbs ending in -ire to form the first-person plural imperfect subjunctive tense.
- salissimo - that we be raised, gone up, etc; that we have risen, gone up, etc
- Terms formed with this suffix are invariably stressed on the antepenult.
- superlative degree of