Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: pounder
- Rhymes: -aʊndə(ɹ)
Combined with cardinal numbers to make nouns meaning:
- Something or someone weighing so many pounds.
- She caught a ten-pounder. ( = She caught a fish that weighed ten pounds.)
- Something or someone costing so many pounds sterling.
- The striker they bought from United was a million-pounder.
- A cannon firing a projectile of so many pounds.
- The ship fired the twelve-pounder twice during the battle.
Something or someone weighing so many pounds
Something or someone costing so many pounds sterling