Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: woman
From the noun woman.
- A woman who is an expert in an area.
- A woman who is employed or holds a position in an area.
- A woman who has special characteristics relating to a topic or area.
- In certain cases, a woman who derives from a particular nationality.
- To include people regardless of gender, either the suffix -person is used, or a gender-neutral hypernym, for example police officer instead of policewoman.
Borrowed from English.
- Most of these like businesswoman are borrowed directly from English, while some such as tenniswoman are not. The plural may be -womans or -women.