Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
A-3 (plural A-3s)
- (military) Air operations and training officer.
1986, Haywood S. Hansell, The strategic air war against Germany and Japan:
- Col. Cecil E. Combs (A-3) Combat Operations
- (military) Operations and training section of an Air Force staff.
1989, Robert Frank Futrell, Ideas, Concepts, Doctrine : Basic Thinking in the United States Air Force 1907-1960:
- At the policy level, the functions of planning and establishing policies were lodged in A-1 (Personnel), (A-2) Intelligence, (A-3) Training...
- (military) Sky warrior twin engine all weather attack aircraft.